Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Survivorman

Practice was brutal today. Coach Meyer made me go up against two of the offensive lineman in the Survivor Pit. He'll throw me in there with the both of them and tell me to "beat their ass and punish those guys for being fat, slow pussies." You see Coach Meyer believes that only pussies allow their quarterback to get sacked. And I got sacked twice against Troy. So he makes me straighten them out sometimes in the Survivor Pit. If I don't get sacked against Tennessee, it'll be a good game.

But I hate really hate that pit. Going up against two 300 lb lineman at the same time gets me a little sore and I usually need a massage the next day. But I don't like those dude trainers rubbing my back. There's this girl in my sociology class that gives great back rubs, maybe I'll ask Coach Meyer if she can be allowed in the training room to take care of me instead.


Speaking of the Survivor Pit.....I really like that show Survivorman. Have you seen this show? It's on the Discovery Channel and they drop this guy, Les Stroud, off in the middle of nowhere to survive for a week. He films it all himself and has to lug the equipment around. So he has to build a shelter, hunt food and avoid the dangers.


It reminds me of the time in the Phillipines when I was 10 years old and dad brought me over to help start an orphanage. We went out into the middle of the jungle, rounded up a bunch of kids and built a home for them out of sticks, leaves & mud. I even built myself a sweet jungle tree house, but dad thought it was nicer than what some of the other kids had and made me share it.

So we literally had to "survive" out in the middle of this jungle. I remember one day, just as were were getting low on provisions and food, this tiger made it's way into the orphanage village and came after one of the kids. I didn't even have time to think and I just tackled the thing and wrestled it to the ground. I put that big cat in a sleeper hold and before long it was dead. We ate tiger for a whole week and believe me it does NOT taste like chicken. I knew then that God sent that tiger into the village and chose me to kill it so that we could all eat. It was awesome and God rocks!


No comments: