Sunday, September 2, 2007

Game 1 - The Day After

It was great to get back out onto that field yesterday. The stadium now says 2006 National Champions in the endzone and it just gets you so fired up when you look at it. And then to see all the fans, starting with the walk into the stadium, it was truly an awesome day! After that easy win yesterday I decided to go out to the Swamp for a little bit and see my people. I love that they don't card me at any of the bars in this town. Everybody knows who I am but I don't think they realize that I just turned 20 a couple weeks ago. After throwing for 300 yds and a few touchdowns I wasn't about to point this out to them.

Today was a good morning. When Katie & Stephanie woke me up for some morning lovin I thought that I smelled something really good. So I walked out into the kitchen and Megan was cooking some bacon, eggs & waffles. My favorite! I tried to wake TJ up for breakfast but he wasn't having it. He really loves to sleep in. His loss, I wasn't going to save him any, it was just too damn delicious.

Sorry to the fans for not being able to see a complete game yesterday. I can't believe mother nature came in and cut our game 8 min short. It was just a little lightning, that never stopped me before. I was struck by lightning during a Pop Warner game and still threw for 270 yards. But the SEC has it's rules so they called the game short. Even though I was already out of the game at that point, that really sucks!

I'd rate my game performance a 5 out of 10. I was barely trying and I think my stats kinda showed that - 13/17 for 300 yd, 3 TDs. 38 yds rushing 1 TD. Those 4 incomplete passes were unfortunate but sometimes those things happen. Just gonna have to work harder in practice this week. I really wish I could have run the ball more but Coach Meyer wants me to spread it around to our playmakers and keep me healthy. He says "everytime you run you're either going to kill somebody or kill our season if you get hurt." So I'm gonna have to try and do that a little less. Believe me it's a hard adjustment. When I see an opening and there's only 3 defenders in my way, I know I can just run over them and get us a first down. Those punk Hilltoppers even took a couple cheap shots at me. One guy on the bench gave me a little shove and like I told those reporters it was probably the hardest hit of the day.

All in all it's a good start to reaching our goals this season. It could be worse, you could be Chad Henne & Michigan this morning! I couldn't resist throwing that zinger in there, it's a little payback for them bitching about getting screwed out of the BCS last year. Yes we're still laughing at you guys in Ann Arbor. I think I'll polish my championship rings now.


1 comment:

Jen Wilkinson said...

Byrne Daddy:
You know I love you but I think you might be bat shit crazy. See you in 3 weeks!