Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Apologize

I need to first apologize to any fans out there that took my advice and bet their house on the Gators yesterday. While we won the game 30-24 over Ole Miss, we didn't cover the spread or even the over/under. So if you are now homeless and/or broke because of my bold prediction, please contact the Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association and we may be able to help you out.

A funny thing happened last week and it proves that I'm still learning this game. While I thought I was being very humble with all of the Heisman talk, Bubba, C.I. and a couple other seniors warned me that I may be getting a little cocky about our teams performance through three games. They stressed that we play in the SEC and on any given Saturday any team (even Ole Miss) can sneak up and bite you. They were exactly right and the score is eveidence of that. We are still a very young team and frankly sometimes our youth can get the better of us. Looking back at my posts from last week, I am obviously guilty of being overconfident. Again, I want to offer my sincerest apologies to anyone that wagered on the game.

It served as a great wake up call for us and just proved that our offense has a ways to go. It was nice to set a school record for rushing by a QB, and Percy had another awesome game as well. But the end result wasn't as pretty as we would have liked. As they say - a win is a win. Now with Auburn and LSU coming up, it's time to throw that game in the crapper and move on. It's imperative to be completely focused and ready.

All right with all that said, here's a little tune that pretty much sums up the mood of Ole Miss fans as we left Oxford. No doubt Colonel Reb is Cryin'




No comments: