Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pivot Game

Coach Dumbo and his merry band of formerly dominant football players come to town this weekend. This is a pivotal game for both our teams. Auburn already has two bad losses, and if we can hand them another one, it would give them a front row seat on the train to crappytown. Our goal is to defend The Swamp and avenge our only loss from last year's spectacular season. It was our ONLY damn blemish and we want revenge bad.

On the other side of the coin, Auburn is off to a rough start at 2-2. A win against us could easily turn their season around and get them some momentum. And we don't want to speak about the other consequences of a loss to Dumbo's team - me losing my collection of lovely lady-wrappers. And the blog...NOT THE BLOG! I think I'm starting to get pretty good at this thing. That would make Tebow upset. Very Upset.

The only reason I bring this possibilty up Gator fans, is because Coach Dumbo has a habit of pulling lucky wins out of his poop shoot against Florida. I wish I could say "Well that was before I got here" but because of last year I can't. What I can do is try and rectify the situation with another solid performance. We've analyzed a lot of game tape, added in a few special plays for the offense, and even have our cornerbacks working doubletime. Coach Heater took the cornerbacks out to the local dog track yesterday and had them try and cover some greyhounds during practice races. So good luck Brandon Cox, just try and throw it downfield on Saturday.


No comments: