Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Premature Praise


Well after my performance against Tennessee it seems that I've been getting some attention for the Heisman. Check out the experts and the fans. I mean this is nice and all, but let me say that I'm not about the awards. I'm about winning football games. Scratch that, I'm about dominating football games. We are a team and the end result is all that matters to me. Sitting here at 3-0 is great, finishing 14-0 will be a dream come true. That's right, I'm aiming for perfection. It's never been done at the University of Florida. Remember kids - it's good to have goals and reach for your dreams. That's why I spend all that extra time in the film room with Coach Meyer & Coach Mullen. When you only sleep 1.5 hours a night, there's plenty of time for more film study.

Whatever my coaches want me to do, that's what I'm going to try to do. Whatever it takes for us to win. So while being second in the nation in pass efficiency, throwing for 835 yds, 8 TDs and rushing for 192 yds, 5 TDs is a good start for three games - the important thing is I'm contributing to the team and we're winning games. And for what it's worth we've won those games by a combined score of 167 - 54.

Both Team and Tebow start with the letters T-E. And as dad taught me, that's no coincidence.


No comments: