Sunday, December 30, 2007

Silly Silly Man

Some people just don't know when to shut up. Or maybe know when is the appropriate time to speak. See Exhibit B: Michigan Mangina's LB Shawn Crable. (Note - FSU's Geno Hayes was Exhibit A). Apparantly Mr. Crable isn't too concerned about me and here's his quote:

"I think y'all are too concerned with this Tebow, I mean he's just a quarterback," U-M linebacker Shawn Crable said Saturday. "He's really not (different). He's got some freakish stats, because they use him differently, they use him in the red zone a lot to run the ball but he's nothing more exceptional than we've ever played against. If you ask me about (Oregon's) Dennis Dixon or you ask me about (former Texas quarterback) Vince Young, I'd be like, now those are some freakish people. You ask me about this guy, he's just a quarterback."

Hmmmm, let me think for a second here. Um, did either of those guys win the Heisman? Oh that one was too obvious. Did either one of those guys throw for 20 TDs and run for another 20 TDs? No they did not.

I think it's funny that he points out my stats were gaudy because of how I was used in the red zone. Maybe so. But I still had the highest pass efficiency rating EVER by a Heisman winning QB. And let's be frank here - nobody, I mean NOBODY would ever consider either Dixon or Young a solid "passing quarterback" which seeing as the primary responsibility of the QB is to throw the ball, then maybe Crable has a point. I am a Quarterback that also can run the football like a freight train. Those other two guys aren't really "Quarterbacks" merely guys that like to run around in circles on the football field. So who is really the freak? The guy than runs in circles or the guy that runs over opponents? The guy that's afraid of contact or the guy that thrives on it? It all depends on who you ask I guess. To most Gator fans and all the Heisman voters out there, I bet they would say that I'm pretty freakish. Yeah - Freakishly Awesome, or maybe Freakishly Powerful, perhaps even Freakishly Unstoppable. And let's not forget my Freakish Arm Strength, Freakish Stiff Arm, Freakish Good Looks, Freakish Ability to Get Freaky in the Sack.

One last thing to point out and this is just my opinion here. Should "Freakish People" ever get hurt? Because the last I checked Dennis Dixon broke his leg and is done for the year, and Vince Young got hurt last game so Kerry Collins led the Titans to victory and the playoffs. I broke by hand against FSU and kept playing the rest of the second half. Maybe when Mr.Crable refers to Dixon & Young as "Freakish" he really means to say "Wussies"



No comments: