Friday, December 7, 2007

Picking Up Some Hardware

Well the trophy case got a little fuller last night. I won the Davey O'Brien and Maxwell trophies. It was awesome! All those ESPN guys love me. I got to see a lot of great players. Some of which were on the receiving end of some my stiff arms (I'm looking at you Glenn Dorsey). And my family was there to make it even more special.


Now it's off to New York, the Big Apple, for the Heisman Trophy ceremony on Saturday night. The whole clan is going to be there with me. I've made it pretty clear where I stand on this blog. I think my season speaks for itself. But now that the moment is getting closer, I'm just humbled to even be making the trip. Win or lose it's going to be great, it's an honor just to be nominated. My entire family will be there and they'll love me just the same. All this is really gravy. I fulfilled my dream when I got to play quarterback at Florida. Now I have the chance to follow my childhood hero, and the greatest Gator to ever live: Danny Wuerffel, and win the Heisman.
(Subtle reminder:I would be the first underclassman to ever win the award)



No comments: