Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Checking Messages

Well I just got back from New York today, what a trip! Picked up a little Heisman Trophy while doing a bit a sightseeing. Can I say it? I told you so.

Seriously, I am very humbled to receive the Heisman Trophy this season. There are many great players that have won it and I am thrilled to be added to the list. I'd also like to point out for the millionth time that I'm only a sophomore and I think I want to hang on to this thing for a couple more years. I couldn't do it without my teammates, and hopefully next season we can add another trophy to our case.

Tebow mania is at full throttle. I'm not being cocky, it's just a fact. I'm huge. Even I can't believe how huge I am. Both in person and in popularity. I've got people following me all over the place. Grown men are getting # 15 tatoos. Soccer moms ask me to autograph anything - their Gucci handbags, their kids, sometimes even their boobs. College girls fight for my used gum. This is what it must have been like to be the Beatles or Elvis. I mean it's fantastic!

Here's a list of messages that I've gotten in the three days:
Warren Buffet called me for stock tips.
George Bush wants me to kill Osama bin Laden.
Derek Jeter talked the Yankees into drafting me.
OJ wants me to be his lawyer.
Brad Pitt asked if he could make Tebow his middle name.
Isiah Thomas wants me to turn around the Knicks.
Hillary Clinton wants me to be her running mate, to give her a better shot in the primaries.
CBS wants to do a reality show called "Tackle Tebow."
Giselle Bunschen asked me out on a date.
Coincidentally Tom Brady called me for some "relationship advice."
People Magazine is making me the sexiest man alive and bumping Matt Damon down to #2 after just 6 weeks.




No comments: