Monday, October 15, 2007

Back to Business

After a self-imposed 5 day "meditation session" I am back! Now I know what it feels like to be Wilt Chamberlain. First I'd like to thank the 74 lovely ladies that stopped by to help me relax and get over the LSU game. I enjoyed every single one of you. Some of you more than once. But if you didn't sign the sign-in sheet like I asked then we'll probably never see each other again nor will you be getting a thank you gift from me in a few days. Also sorry to all the girls I didn't get to see. There's only so many hours in the day and now I've got to get back to spending some of them on football again.

The second part of business is to review what has happened in college football over the weekend. Actually the whole season has a theme: Nobody wants to win this thing. As I stated last week, LSU was beatable, and Kentucky (repeat KENTUCKY) was able to pull it off in triple overtime. Also #2 Cal got knocked off by Oregon St.

So where does that leave us? The AP poll & BCS have Ohio St (Florida's Bitch), USF (repeat SOUTH FLORIDA) and Boston College (ACC Joke) ranked 1, 2 & 3. So the whole thing is a big mess right now. Mark my words nobody will be left undefeated at the end of the season. A couple of 1 loss teams will be playing in the national title game and since there will a bunch of those 1 loss teams a huge debate will happen over who really deserves to go. That's why I'm for a playoff (that and I just want to play as many games a year as I can). No question that even though we've got 2 losses, both in the last minute, I'm confident we can compete with any team in the country.

Now we have to go on the road to play the suddenly awesome University of Kentucky Wildcats, where the last week's #1 LSU just lost. Needless to say this has been a pretty long two weeks. We're sitting on two straight losses and had a bye week to think it over. We're now rested, regrouped, and most importantly PISSED. The Florida - Kentucky game has never been this big. That's because Kentucky has until this year been pretty much where the big boys go to take a dump every season. Now they've learned how to punch back. So it appears that we may actually be in for a game on Saturday.

But too bad for them, the theme around here is getting back to business. The business of winning games.


No comments: